The Henderson ISD Transportation Department is dedicated to providing safe transportation to all students. Each day, drivers traverse 28 regular bus routes, 3 special education bus routes, and 2 special education automobile routes to transport 1332 students a total of 2043 miles. The trips to and from school often set the stage for the students’ day, so we take our responsibility to maintain excellence in all aspects of the education process quite seriously.
State law requires that transportation be provided for students living two or more miles from their designated campus. This service is provided at no cost to students. Bus routes and any subsequent changes are available at the schools. Further information may be obtained by calling the transportation department at 903-655-5002.
See the Student Code of Conduct for provisions regarding transportation to the Disciplinary Alternative Education Program.
Students are expected to assist District staff in ensuring that buses remain in good condition and that transportation is provided safely. When riding in District vehicles, students are held to behavioral standards established in the Student Code of Conduct.
- Follow the driver’s directions at all times.
- Enter and leave the bus in an orderly manner at the designated stop nearest home.
- Keep feet, books, cases, and other objects out of the aisle.
- Not deface the bus or its equipment.
- Not put head, hands, arms, or legs out of the window, hold any object out of the window, or throw objects within or out of the bus.
- Be seated while the vehicle is moving.
- Wait for the driver’s signal upon leaving the bus and before crossing in front of the vehicle.
When students ride in a District passenger car, seat belts must be fastened at all times.
Misconduct will be punished in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct; bus-riding privileges may be suspended.
An adult must meet Primary bus students at their designated drop off location. Proper authorities will be contacted if the above guidelines are not followed.
For additional information, or any questions, please contact transportation at 903-655-5002.